Thursday, March 12, 2009

Does this mean I am old?

This month is my birthday. When you get to be my age it seems to be just another day. I will be 34 years old. A couple of weeks ago, Emily said to me "mom, you have a gray hair." I said that was just not possible and I went on with what I was doing. Then one day last week I was looking at something in the mirror and what did I see....... A GRAY HAIR! I wanted to cry right then and there. I couldn't believe that I had a gray hair. It must be all the stress from all the things going on in King City. Needless to say I am off to the hairdresser tomorrow to take care of the other 5 I found.

Emily, Elizabeth and Samantha were able to attend a fun assembly today at school. Em and Elizabeth's teacher at school had a son in law who is a police officer in Salinas. He brought his police dog to show them what he does. I did bring my camera to take pictures but it was out of battery! The girls teacher said she would email me a picture so when I get it I'll post it.

Dan had a rough week at work. He had to help pass pink slips to the teachers that are being laid off. Things are really rough with the school districts here right now. They are having to cut so many positions just to stay a float. The elementary district gave out 47 pink slips. These are tough times for so many. We feel very grateful Dan has a job and we have our needs met.

2 comments:

SalGal said...

Oh Wendy, I love your blog! It is so good to catch up on what the girls are doing! I hope you are feeling better, and I will knock on wood because I have yet to see a gray hair!

Love ya!

Family said...

Gray hair is a sign of wisdom, right?!
:)