Friday, April 3, 2009

Family Home Evening....The Laundry Mat

A week and a half ago I went to switch our laundry from the washer to the dryer. When I picked up the clothes they were sopping wet. I thought oh no.... my washer has finally had it. It actually was the day of my birthday (March 24th). Dan and I discussed if we should see if we could fix it or just buy a new one. Some friends said to try this appliance fix it company in town. We thought we would give it a shot. He came out the next day and was able to tell me right away what the problem was. He told me it would cost around $110 to fix. That sounded pretty good to me so I said fix it. His response "I need to get the part." Today our washer is still not fixed. We are STILL waiting on the part. Patience is a good virtue. Last week, we did a couple loads of laundry at my friends house. I didn't want to ask again so Monday night we went to the laundry mat for Family Home Evening. I have never seen the girls so excited to do laundry! I couldn't figure out why everyone was staring at us. Could it be that we used 10 washers all at once??? Or is it our 4 girls??? Or Dan wearing his work clothes??? People really started to stare when I got my camera out to take pictures.

Gotta love laundry! Is this really fun??
Sam helping put my workout clothes in the washer.


Hanna is thinking.."Ok, maybe it could be fun!"

How much more can I carry?



It was fun for the kids to put the money into the slots. Needless to say, we spent almost $25.00 that night on laundry but.........never could I have gotten 10 loads done in less than 2 hours. While the laundry was being washed, we sat on a bench and really held Family Home Evening. We sang, had a lesson and even treat. It was quite the fun night. We may be doing that again soon if the darn part doesn't come. This did bring us back to the days when Dan and I were first married and living in Provo. I was 9 months pregnant with Hanna and doing laundry at the laundry mat. We had a bad experience with the owner of that laundry mat so that next weekend we bought a used washer and dryer. I will forever appreciate my washer and dryer!




No comments: