Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Some thoughts.....

Where does time go. Each day seems to come and go so quickly. Things in our family are busy as ever. There is only 19 days of school left. I can't believe this school year is almost over. It has proven to be a crazy year again. Both districts have encountered some serious financial problems. They laid off 44 teachers from the kids district and 18 from Dan's district. The economy right now seems to be in such bad shape. We feel very blessed that Dan still has a job and that we were able to buy our first home. We have really tried hard to live within our means and save for a rainy day. There has been some terrible acts of violence recently in town. We live about 5 miles outside of town. A couple of weeks ago, there was a shooting where some people went up to a garage where kids were playing video games (it was 9:00pm) and shot them point blank in the head. A 13 year old was dead on the scene and one of Dan's students (18 years old) died a few days later. There is still one in serious condition and two others that have recovered. When things like this happen I begin to wonder why we live here in King City. I have struggled with this the past few weeks thinking that I don't want to wake up in the morning and have to tell my kids that there has been another tragedy. The town only has 12,000 people. There should not be problems like that. Anyway, with these questions going through my mind I have wanted to just tell Dan that we need to move. I decided to take my concern to the Lord through fasting and prayer. Without going into detail about my experience, I can say that there is a reason that we are here. I have learned many great lessons...the most being that the need to trust in God's plan for our family is so important. My kids have good friends, good teachers and great opportunity. Dan has a great work to do here and as his wife I support him in his endeavors. I feel blessed to know that God answers prayers and that through trial we become more like Him. I am grateful for good friends, a loving husband, wonderful children but most of all for my testimony of Jesus Christ. I may not have a complete understanding but am grateful for the glimpse I have recently caught.

3 comments:

Kendra said...

That's terrible! I really do live a sheltered life here in my little community in Eagle Mt. I love it here, and wouldn't want to move away yet. But I too had to go through the prayer and fasting route in order to feel like we should be out here in the first place. I hope things stay calm for you guys!

kiddle97 said...

Wendy,
Thank you for sharing that. I know I'm glad you guys are here. Thanks for all you do, and especially, thanks for the good examples you set.

kiddle97 said...

PS. I think you need to update your family picture. :)